Join David Mizon of Train2bake on this one-day course on the art of making a range of classic Italian Breads. During this course David will demonstrate and discuss the skills and knowledge required to start making your own Italian classics at home.
David has captained and coached the UK Baking Team, represents the UK as an International Bakery Judge, and has many years’ experience working as a bakery and confectionery trainer and consultant around the world.
On this introductory course, you will learn the following:
– How to select the correct ingredients for making Italian doughs
– How to mix various doughs ensuring optimum gluten development
– The importance of fermentation and how to control it
– How to mould, shape and process various Italian Breads
– How to bake your Italian Breads, and methods of baking at home
This course will be hands on with students working in pairs, groups and individually to make the following range of products:
– Focaccia Grissini
– Ciabatta with Levain / Poolish
– Pugliese with Fennel Seed
Lunch will be provided. There will be no more than 10 in the class and every student will have a workstation space and will go home with their own Cooks apron.
Date: Sunday 22nd October, 2017
Time: 10am – 4pm
Course Fee: £150 per person
Would you like to make the experience that extra bit special? Why not stay the night in one of our luxury bedrooms. We have sixteen luxurious bedrooms created by Lady Gerald Fitzalan Howard, plus a 3-bed cottage in the grounds and 1-bed apartment in the Coach House. Please ring for further details or contact us via our Contact page.