Join David Mizon of Train2bake on this one-day course on the art of making pizza & flatbreads. During this course David will demonstrate and discuss the skills and knowledge required to start making your own pizzas and flatbreads at home.
David has captained and coached the UK Baking Team, represents the UK as an International Bakery Judge, and has many years’ experience working as a bakery and confectionery trainer and consultant around the world.
On this introductory course, you will learn the following:
– How to select the correct ingredients for making pizza & flatbread doughs
– How to mix various doughs ensuring optimum gluten development
– The importance of fermentation and how to control it
– How to prepare pizza toppings and sauces
– How to mould and shape various pizzas and flatbreads
– How to dress your own pizza with a selection of sauces and toppings
– How to bake your flatbreads in our pizza oven and tandoor, and methods of baking at home
This course will be hands on with students working in pairs, groups and individually to make the following range of products:
– Artisan Pizza
– Ciabatta with Levain / Poolish
– Naan Breads, plain butter naan and filled naan including Peshwari
Lunch will be provided. There will be no more than 10 in the class and every student will have a workstation space and will go home with their own Cooks apron.
Date: Sunday 10th September, 2017
Time: 10am – 4pm
Course Fee: £150 per person
Would you like to make the experience that extra bit special? Why not stay the night in one of our luxury bedrooms. We have sixteen luxurious bedrooms created by Lady Gerald Fitzalan Howard, plus a 3-bed cottage in the grounds and 1-bed apartment in the Coach House. Please ring for further details or contact us via our Contact page.