WWI Centenary Open House and Tea Room
Share and listen to local stories in commemoration of the end of World War One.
We will be opening the doors to Carlton Towers in honour of the WWI Centenary. We will be sharing stories of the house, the family and the local area.
We’ll have the fires lit for you so it’s lovely and toasty, and we will be showcasing some never before seen items.
Just £6 entry on arrival for a look around the house, a guided tour and parking.
Visit the Tea Room in the restored servants quarter’s for a delicious warm drink and home-made cake.
Monday 5th to Friday 9th November, 10am – 5pm
We’re super excited about opening the house this week in honour of the WW1 Centenary where we donate £1 of the entry fee.
We also have lots of Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal items for sale too.
Here is what to expect….
* The tea room will be open with doughnuts, other sweet treats and hot drinks available including spiced pumpkin soup.
* Carlton & Snaith School will be visiting on Tuesday at 130pm with a donation for the The British Legion and singing some wartime songs that they have learnt especially for us.
* We have some never seen before items, photos plus newspaper articles on display.
* The Salvation Army will have local, national and historical stories to share everyday with you between 1-3pm.
* Look around the house at your leisure or take one of our free guided tours at 12pm and 3pm daily.
TO THE MEMORY OF THE FALLEN AND THE FUTURE OF THE LIVING.
Price includes access to the private stately home and grounds, parking, Wi-Fi and a £1 donation.
Please call or email us…
CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE
THE OVERNIGHT EXPERIENCE OF CARLTON
Beautifully appointed, historic and luxurious, the bedrooms at Carlton Towers are the last word in elegant refinement.
Each of our 16 bedrooms, accommodating 31 people, have been individually designed and furnished by Lady Gerald Fitzalan Howard to offer a tranquil haven from the bustle of the modern world.
From the two-storey majesty of our Baroness Tower bridal suite to the stylish simple elegance of our one single room, the Lady Mirabel, each is uniquely decorated and comes with its own bathroom or shower en suite.